(Will have a list of works, audio/score/video excerpts, links to purchase)
In early 2023, I am in the process of returning from a long creative slumber.
The most recent compositional work I completed was the score for Theatre of Rice and Beans, a 2014 documentary film about New York City’s three most influential Latino playhouses: Repertorio Español, the Puerto Rican Traveling Theatre, and INTAR. There is supplemental material on this YouTube channel.
From my concert compositions of previous years, I will be revisiting and reconsidering each of them to see which ones will see future life. I expect the list will include, at the least, these titles:
- Emerging for soprano, clarinet + bass clarinet, and piano, based on a poem by Neil F. Flory
- Signatures of the Sun for solo piano and photographic projections, inspired by the photography of my friend Joe Decker
- The Hole Through Which the White Light Shines for solo piano
- fix•a•tion for solo clarinet and computer (Max)
- Violin Percussion Piano
- Absence of Joy for piano four-hands and computer (Max)
- Door Variations for whatever it is they call “tape” pieces these days
- Big Pile of Stuff for whatever it is they call “tape” pieces these days
- Legion for whatever it is they call “tape” pieces these days
There will be others, including some works for theatre and dance, that will be captured and referenced here even though they were singular productions that will not ever exist again.